Setting Up the Basic Retention Rule
You can set up the basic retention rule for a storage policy copy.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies > storage_policy.
- Right-click the appropriate storage policy copy, and then click the Properties.
- In the Copy Properties dialog box, on the Retention tab, under Basic Retention Rule for All Backups area, enter the number of data and cycles appropriate for your organization.
Default values for basic retention rule for all backups are:
- On primary copy: 30 days and 2 cycles for backups and infinite for archive jobs.
- On synchronous copy: 30 days and 4 cycles for backups and infinite for archive jobs.
Default values for basic retention rule for Data/Compliance Archiver data is:
- 365 days on all copies.
- Click OK.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, on the Reports tab, click Forecast and then click Run.
The report displays the data to be aged and pruned when a data aging job is run.
Note: In the Data Retention Forecast and Compliance Report, ensure that the data you intend to age is aged. If necessary, modify the rules so that only the intended data is aged.
Last modified: 10/5/2020 7:10:39 AM