Excluding SQL Databases from Backups
You can exclude SQL databases from backups by defining filters based on how the databases are named. When you create a new SQL database, if the database name matches the filter, then the database is excluded from backups.
For example, you can configure a filter to exclude databases that have a name that begins with "test".
You cannot filter databases using a naming pattern for the following backup solutions:
- Commvault Plug-in for SQL Management Studio
- Analysis services
- SQL instances that are in a cloud
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases.
The instances page appears.
- Click the SQL instance.
The instance properties page appears.
- Click the subclient for which you want to exclude the SQL databases from the backup content.
- In the Content section, click Edit.
The Edit Content page appears.
- On the Exclusions tab, in the Enter database name pattern box, type the name pattern, and then click .
For example, to exclude databases with a name that contain the string "test", type *test*. Database names with string "Test" are not excluded as the filter strings are case-sensitive.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 3/30/2021 3:15:36 PM