Deploying Commvault from AWS Marketplace
From the AWS Marketplace, you can deploy an AWS instance that includes Commvault software. The AWS instance is pre-configured to run the CommServe software, which you can use to back up and restore workloads that run in the AWS cloud or in on-premises deployments.
The AWS instance is provided as Commvault Cloud Control (all-in-one) that you can launch as an Amazon EC2 instance using your existing AWS account.
Before You Begin
- In AWS Marketplace, review the information for Commvault Cloud Control (all-in-one), which includes the CommServe software and the instance operating system software.
You can search for "Commvault" to find Commvault Cloud Control (all-in-one).
- To determine the requirements for the AWS Windows instance where the AMI will be deployed, see System Requirements for Virtual Server Agent with Amazon.
- For authentication of the AWS instance, obtain the key pair (Access Key and Secret Key) from the Amazon EC2 Web site under Security Credentials.
For instructions about obtaining Amazon key pairs, see Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Documentation.
- From the AWS EC2 Console, go to Instances and click Launch Instance.
AWS opens a wizard to guide you through the deployment.
- To choose an AMI, search for "Commvault".
- Select the Commvault Cloud Control (all-in-one) AMI.
- Select an instance type that provides the available CPU cores and memory for the instance.
- Identify a network and subnet that are available for the deployment.
- If necessary, add additional storage.
By default, the AMI provides 200 GB of storage.
- When you launch the instance, you must provide a key pair that can be used.
You can use an existing key pair or create a new key pair as part of the deployment.
- Log on to the new AWS instance.
A PowerShell script automatically runs to configure the CommServe software. Once the configuration is complete, the Commvault Command Center automatically opens and presents the Create new account dialog box.
- Enter the email address for the CommServe administrator and a password for the account.
- After the account is created, log on to the Command Center.
- Complete the initial setup as described in Complete the Core Setup Wizard.
Last modified: 12/9/2019 10:30:19 PM