Creating a Custom Installation Package for Tenants (Self-Service Deployments)
In most cases, tenants are isolated on their own network, and service providers use private (RFC 1918) addressing, only permiting tenant-to-MSP network communication.
In such configurations, create an installation package that tenants can use to install the Virtual Server Agent package on a machine to create an access node (VSA proxy). Once the VSA package is installed on one machine, the tenant can create a Remote Software Cache inside the tenant network for subsequent installations.
To create a VSA package:
- Log on to the CommServe system as an administrator.
- Locate the installation source that you used to install the CommServe software.
- Rename install.xml to install.old.
- Run Setup.exe, choose the language, and then click >.
- Enable I agree, and then click >.
- Select Create a custom package to install on a different computer, and then click >.
- Clear and then reselect the Windows > WinX64 (default) option, and then click >.
- Select New Installations, and then click >.
- Select Select Packages, and then click >.
- Enter a new folder where the package can be stored (for example, E:\VSAPackageLocation), and then click >.
- Select Virtualization > Virtual Server, and then click >.
- Select Include Third Party packages.
- Select Include .NET Framework 4.0 Installer.
- Select Create self-extracting executable, and then click >.
- Click Finish.
- Copy the resulting installation file (WinX64.exe) to the machine where the package will be installed.
Commvault provides the Download Center as a built-in file-share server for making packages available to tenants.
Last modified: 3/4/2020 7:41:20 PM