Optimizing the API Calls for Salesforce Backup Operations
You can adjust the percentage of Salesforce API calls that backup operations can use per day. The percentage controls the maximum number of files that are backed up per day. After the maximum number of files is backed up, the backup job is suspended. The backup job automatically resumes the next day.
The default value for Commvault backup operations is 50% of the total APIs calls for an organization. For example, if your organization has a maximum of 5 million API calls per day, by default, the Commvault backup operation uses 2.5 million calls per day.
Before You Begin
To calculate the correct percentage, on the Salesforce site, go to Setup and look up the following information:
- The total record count: Setup > Storage Usage > Current File Storage Usage
- The maximum number of API calls made in the last 24 hours: Company Information > API Requests, Last 24 Hours > Max calls
Compare the total record count to the maximum number of API requests.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Cloud apps > Salesforce.
The Apps page appears.
- In the Name column, click the app.
The app details page appears.
- In the Instances table, in the Type column, click the instance.
The instance properties page appears.
- In the Backup options section, click Edit.
- In the File download limit per backup box, type the percentage of API calls to use to back up files.
- To save the percentage, click the check mark.
Last modified: 1/4/2021 10:04:29 PM