Restoring a DocumentDB Cluster
You can restore a DocumentDB cluster to a selected target availability zone and change the node type of the cluster during the restore.
You can restore a DocumentDB cluster from any of the following backups:
- The most recent backup
- A backup from a specified date and time
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases.
The Instances page appears.
- On the Instances tab, from the View list beside Instances, select Cloud DB.
The Instances page for cloud databases appears.
- In the Actions column for the instance, click the action button , and then click Restore.
The Backup content page appears.
- Select the backup to restore:
- To restore the most recent backup, in the upper-right corner of the page, select Show latest backup.
- To restore a backup from a specific date and time, in the upper-right corner of the page, select Show backup as of a specific date, and then select the backup.
- To restore a backup from a date range, in the upper-right corner of the page, select Show backup for a date range, and then select the backup.
- To restore a snapshot, click the region, and then select the snapshot that you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- In the Cluster identifier box, type the identifier of the cluster that will be created from the snapshot. The identifier must not already exist within the region.
- To change the compute and memory capacity of the instance, from the Instance class list in the Advanced section, select the instance class.
- Optional: In the Subnet group box, type the subnet group. Specifying a subnet group may limit the choice of availability zones.
- In the Number of instances box, type in the number of instances to deploy.
To define which subnets and IP ranges the cluster or instance can use in the Amazon virtual private cloud (VPC), in the VPC security group box, type the name of the security group.
- Optional: To receive an email when the operation is complete, select the When the job completes, notify me via email check box.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 1/1/2020 2:33:27 PM