Copying Software on Demand
You can use the Command Center to copy the Commvault software package to the CommServe server cache and remote caches on demand.
Note: If the CommServe server and/or remote cache already has the Commvault software, the copy operation will replace old software files with new ones.
The CommServe server cache directory only supports packages from the current Commvault version. If you have packages from older versions, do not copy them.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > System > Maintenance.
The Maintenance page appears.
- Click Download/copy software.
The Download/copy software section appears, showing the current feature release, the latest available feature release, and the last job that was run.
- Click Run job .
The Download/copy software dialog box appears.
- Select Download software using Local copy.
- In Path for resource, specify the directory where the software is located.
- If the software is in a network or NFS share, specify a user account with sufficient permissions to access the share by moving the Impersonate User toggle key to the right, and then entering a User name and Password.
- If desired, move the When the job completes, notify me via email toggle key to the right.
- In Remote caches to sync, select the remote caches where you want to copy the software to (in addition to copying to the CommServe server cache).
- Click Download.
Last modified: 2/27/2020 4:03:04 PM