Restoring an Amazon RDS Instance
You can restore an Amazon RDS instance to a selected target availability zone and change the node type of the instance during the restore.
You can restore an Amazon RDS instance from any of the following backups:
- The most recent backup
- A backup from a specific date and time
- A backup from a date range
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases.
The Instances page appears.
- On the Instances tab, from the View list beside Instances, select Cloud DB.
The Instances page for cloud databases appears.
- In the Actions column for the instance, click the action button , and then click Restore.
The Backup content page appears.
- Select the backup to restore:
- To restore the most recent backup, in the upper-right corner of the page, select Show latest backup.
- To restore a backup from a specific date and time, in the upper-right corner of the page, select Show backup as of a specific date, and then select the backup.
- To restore a backup from a date range, in the upper-right corner of the page, select Show backup for a date range, and then select the backup.
- To restore a snapshot, click the region, and then select the snapshot that you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- In the Database identifier box, type a name for the instance that will be created from the snapshot.
- To make the instance accessible from the public internet, move the Public accessibility toggle key to the right.
- To define the availability zone (AZ) that you want to deploy the standby instance to, do one of the following in the Advanced section:
- To deploy to multiple availability zones, move the Multi-AZ deployment toggle key to the right.
- To select the availability zone, from the Target availability zone list, select the availability zone that you want to create the instance in.
- To change the compute and memory capacity of the instance, from the Instance class list in the Advanced section, select the node type.
- To select the storage type for the instance, from the Storage type list in the Advanced section, select the storage type.
- To allow automatic version upgrades for the instance when they are available, move the Auto minor version upgrade toggle key to the right.
- To define which subnets and IP ranges the cluster or instance can use in the Amazon virtual private cloud (VPC), in the VPC security group box, type the name of the security group.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 5/12/2021 6:48:17 PM