Creating R Data Sets
Use data sets to collect the information that you will use to build charts, tables, and dynamic inputs.
Before You Begin
- Configure an R server.
- To create an embedded data set, your CommCell user account requires a role with the following permissions and associations:
- Add Report permission and an association with the CommCell entity
- Query Datasource permission and an association with the Data Source entity that you will use
For more information on users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
- On Web Console, click Reports.
The Reports page appears.
- Create a new report, or open an existing report:
- To create a new report, from the navigation pane, click Configuration > Reports and click New Report.
- To open an existing report and add a new data set to it, from the navigation pane, click Configuration > Reports, and next to the Report Name under Actions, click Edit.
- On the Report Builder page, in the Report Name box, type a name for the report, and in the Description box, type a short description of the report.
- On the Data Sets tab, click Add .
The Add Data Set dialog box appears.
- At the top of the dialog box, from the list, select R Script, and in the Data Set Name box, type a name.
- In the Source Data Set box, click and add the data set.
- In the Data Set Query box, enter the R script on top of the source dataset to create charts and tables.
You can refer the data in the source data set in the script using the format dataset$id, where dataset in the source dataset name and id is the column name in the dataset.
Find below a sample R script for the data set query:
- To create plot charts using R, specify the R script in Plot query box.
Find below a sample R script using ggplot:
p<-ggplot(data=da, aes(x=x,y=y)) +geom_line()
- Click Done.
The data set you created appears in the Report Builder under Data Sets.
Last modified: 1/16/2020 11:49:15 AM