Adding a Smart Server Group by Using Automatic Association
To create a smart server group, you can configure a server group to associate servers based on criteria that you define, within a particular scope.
The scope determines which entity the server group is associated with: the CommServe computer, a company, a user, or a user group.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Server groups.
The Server groups page appears.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Add.
The Add server group dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, enter a name for the server group.
- Select Automatic Association.
- From the Client Scope list, select the scope.
Based on the scope that you select, a list or box appears that allows you to specify a company, user, or user group. If you select Clients in this CommCell, no additional option appears.
- Select the relevant company, user, or user group:
- From the Clients of company list, select a company.
- From the Clients of user group list, select a user group.
- In the Clients of user box, enter a user name.
- Beside Rules, click Add rule.
The Add rule dialog box appears.
- From the Select rule for list, select the criteria for the rule.
For more information, see Automatic Association Rules for Server Groups.
- Click Save to close the Add rule dialog box.
- Optional: Add additional rules to the server group.
- Select one of the following options:
- To associate only the servers that match all of the rules, select Match all.
- To associate servers that match at least one of the rules, select Match any.
- To associate only servers that do not match the rules, select Does not match any.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 7/15/2020 7:12:02 AM