Adding a Server Group by Automatically Discovering Virtual Machines
You can create a server group and configure it to automatically add any virtual machines (VMs) to the group.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Server groups.
The Server groups page appears.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Add.
The Add server group dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, enter a name for the server group.
- Select Virtual machine association.
- From the Select vendor list, select the virtualization vendor for the servers that you want to add.
- From the Server list, select the servers from which you want to discover the virtual machines.
Tip: Use the buttons to select all the servers, clear all selections, or reset the selections.
- Optional: Click Configure rules, and then do any of the following:
- To define the criteria for automatically adding VMs, click Add rule.
- To select virtual machines manually, click Add virtual machines.
Note: If you define more than one rule, the virtual machines that match with any of the rules are associated with the server group.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 3/4/2020 6:53:48 PM