Filtering and Viewing File Permissions Based On File Criteria
Filters allow you to search and view permissions of files and folders with specific criteria. The criteria includes owners, users, or sensitive tags such as SSN and other PII data.
Before You Begin
Configure Activate. For instructions, see Getting Started with Activate.
- From the navigation pane, go to Activate.
The Activate page appears.
- Under Apps, click Entitlement manager.
The Entitlement manager page appears.
- From the Select client list, select the client computer that contains the data for which you want to view or change permissions.
- Click Apply.
A list of files and folders that are on the client computer appears.
- To filter and view files and folders with specific criteria, under Filters, click Add.
The Filters dialog box appears.
- On the Users tab, in the search box, type the name of the user, and then select the user.
Note: When you filter by user, all AD groups the user belongs to are also displayed in the filter results.
- On the Owners tab, by default, you can see all existing owners and the users can search for only one owner at a given time.
You can select multiple owners.
- To add specific extensions of files, on the Extensions tab, select the required file extensions for which you want to view or change permissions.
- To view file permissions of files with no extensions, toggle the Include files with no extension key to the right.
- On the Sensitive tags tab, select the sensitive information such as credit card numbers or social security numbers in files that you want to view.
- Click Apply.
Only the files that meet the specified filter criteria are displayed.
Last modified: 1/6/2021 10:09:22 PM