Building a CommServe On Remote Office Appliance RO1100 Using DR Backups From Another CommServe
You can build the Remote Office Appliance RO1100 using the Disaster Recovery (DR) backups from another CommServe.
Before You Begin
- Ensure that port 8400 (for Communication Service CVD) and 8403 (tunnel port for HTTP/HTTPS) are open in the appliance. These ports are needed to successfully complete the installation.
- Make sure that the destination CommServe host has the same service pack, or a higher service pack, as the database available in the DR backup that you plan to restore.
Note: If the Service Pack is not the same (or higher), services may not restart after the restore.
- Setup the CommServe and MediaAgent software in the Remote Office Appliance RO1100 as described in Installing the CommServe and MediaAgent Software on Remote Office Appliance RO1100.
- Follow steps (1) through (10) in the above procedure.
- In step (11), in the Automatic Disk Group Configuration dialog box, Click No.
The installation will complete without configuring the library.
- Restore the CommServe database using the Recovery Assistant Tool.
For more information about restoring the database, see Recovering the CommServe Database Using the Recovery Assistant Tool.
- Launch the Disk Configuration Tool from the following location:
<software installation directory>\Base\CvVdsConfig.exe
The library will be configured and the result will be displayed.
Note: If an error is displayed, resolve the errors and then resume the install by double-clicking SapphireApplication.exe available in C:\ApplianceInstall\Sapphire.
For more information about resolving errors, see Troubleshooting Installation Errors.
- Open Windows - Disk Management and verify that the E:\ drive is mounted.
- Open CommCell Console and verify the following:
- Verify that Disk library is created under Storage Resources > Libraries.
- Verify that a Storage Policy is created under Policies > Storage Policies.
- Make sure that the index cache folder is enabled in the MediaAgent Properties - Catalog tab.
If this folder is missing restart the service. For more information about restarting services, see
Last modified: 1/9/2020 7:02:58 PM