Initiating Actions from the Global Search Bar
Instead of using the Command Center's main navigation, you can use the search bar to initiate actions, such as backup and restore, on specific entities. These entities include companies, devices, file servers, hypervisors, servers and server groups, users and user groups, VMs and VM groups.
Use the Tab key to enter search results into the search bar so that search is limited to those entity types.
- At the top of any page, click the global search bar.
- Enter keywords to match the entity that you want to perform an action on.
As you type, search results appear.
- Scroll down to the entity name that you want to perform an action on, and then press the Tab key.
For example, in the following image, after searching for "file", two matching entities appear (Protect > File servers, and File Search Report). The user has scrolled down to the Protect > File servers entity, as follows:
After the user presses the Tab key, the File Servers entity appears within the search bar. The search bar now prompts the user to search for file servers, as follows:
- Enter keywords to reveal additional options that relate to the original entity, and then press the Tab key.
Continuing the example above, the user searches for file servers that contain the keyword "scale", which reveals a file server named Test_scale_123, as follows:
After the user presses the Tab key, the Test_scale_123 entity appears within the search bar. The search bar now prompts the user to select an action on that file server, as follows:
- Click the desired action.
Continuing the example above, the user clicks the Add software action to open the Add software dialog box.
Last modified: 8/25/2020 5:46:18 PM