Performing an Failover for Array Replication Failover Groups
You can perform an unplanned failover using an array replication failover group.
In an unplanned failover, the following events occur:
- The source VMs are powered off.
- The mirror relationship breaks.
- The volumes come online.
- The datastores are created.
- The VMs are registered, customization is performed, and the VMs are powered on.
Before You Begin
If the same VM is included in both an array replication failover group and an array replication test failover group, and a test failover that includes the VM is either already mounted or in progress, then do not start a planned or unplanned failover. You must undo the test failover that includes the VM before you can perform a planned or unplanned failover that includes the same VM. For instructions, see Undoing a Test Failover
- Log on to the Command Center.
- From the navigation pane, go to Disaster recovery > Replication.
The Replication groups page appears.
- On the Failover groups tab, in the Name column, right-click a failover group, and then select Unplanned failover.
The Unplanned failover page appears.
- Click Yes.
Last modified: 10/28/2020 7:44:05 PM