Configuring Hedvig Storage Clusters As a Disk Library
Hedvig Storage Clusters can be configured as a storage library.
Before You Begin
- Mount the virtual disks on the MediaAgent/proxy so that it can be configured as a storage target.
- Create Deduplication Database (DDB) partition and an Index Cache folder on the NVMe disk,on the MediaAgents/proxies as follows. This is recommended for better performance.
# mkdir /ws
# mkfs.xfs /dev/<nvme_vol_name>
# mount /dev/<nvme_vol_name> /ws
# mkdir –p /ws/ddb/<DDB_partition_name>
# mkdir -p /ws/IndexCache
# cd /opt/Commvault/Commvault/MediaAgent
# ln -s /ws/IndexCache/IndexCache IndexCache
- From the Command Center go to Storage > Disk in the navigation pane.
The Disk page appears.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Add to add a disk storage.
The Add disk dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type a name for the storage library.
- From the MediaAgent list, select the MediaAgent in which the NFS share from which the Hedvig Storage Cluster is mounted.
- Click Local Path and in the Backup location box, enter the mount path location. For example:
CommvaultBackupis the name of the vdisk.
- Slide the Use deduplication toggle key to the right, to enable deduplication on the storage.
- Browse and select the DDB path created in the NVMe disk, in the Deduplication DB location box.
Add additional partitions DDB associated with the other MediaAgents/proxies in the setup. For more information about configuring additional DDB partitions, see Configuring Additional Partitions for a Deduplication Database.
- Click Save.
What to Do Next
- Configure the Index Cache to point to the Index Cache folder on the NVMe disk. For more information on adding the Index Cache folder in the MediaAgent, see Moving the Index Cache Directory.
- Perform a test backup and a test restore to ensure that the Hedvig Storage Clusters are functioning properly.
- Make sure to change your root and login passwords to secure your environment.
- Depending on your environment and requirements, you can perform one or more of the following tasks to utilize the Hedvig Storage Clusters as a backup target.
- For information on managing the Hedvig Storage Clusters, see Hedvig User Guide.
Last modified: 4/24/2020 7:43:58 PM