Adding a Hypervisor for an Amazon Tenant Account
To use automatic scaling, for each Amazon tenant account, you must create an Amazon hypervisor that refers to the settings configured in Amazon Admin account.
You must configure both the Amazon IAM Admin account and the Amazon tenant accounts to authenticate using an IAM role.
Before You Begin
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Virtual machines page appears.
- On the Hypervisors tab, click Add hypervisor.
- From the Select vendor list, select Amazon.
- In Client name, type a descriptive name for the hypervisor.
- Optional: Specify a region for the access nodes you are adding to the hypervisor. From the Regions list, select a region.
- Under Authentication, configure the appropriate authentication method for the type of access node you will select:
- If you will use an EC2 access node for this hypervisor, select IAM role, and then enter the key values.
- If you will use an on-premises VSA access node for this hypervisor, select either IAM role or Access and secret key, and then enter the key values.
Note: If you select IAM role for the Amazon client, but a proxy that is not associated with the IAM role is used for a backup or restore, the operation fails.
- Move the Use admin account resources toggle key to the right, and then from the Account list, select the Amazon Admin account.
If another Amazon hypervisor is not already configured, the Use admin account resources toggle key is hidden.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 8/26/2020 6:58:05 PM