Managing VM Group Content for Amazon
For an existing VM group, you can add instances or modify the content selections.
Before You Begin
To select instances based on views or automatic discovery rules, see "Views and Rule Options" (below).
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Virtual machines page appears.
- On the Hypervisors tab, click the hypervisor.
The hypervisor page appears. The VM groups area displays summary information for any existing VM groups.
- Click an existing VM group.
- Under Content, click Manage.
The Content tab of the VM group content page shows the currently selected content to be backed up.
- To modify instance credentials for application-aware backups, click in the Actions column of the row for the instance, and then select Edit Credentials.
- To remove an instance, click in the Actions column of the row for the instance and select Remove.
- To add VM group content, click Add virtual machines.
The Add virtual machines page appears.
- Select a browse method for the Browse and select VMs list, and then expand the tree below the list to select instances or instance types for the VM group, or to clear previous selections.
You can select a view from the list to control the browse display.
- Click OK after selecting instances or other objects.
- To discover instances automatically:
- Click Add rule.
- From the Select rule for list, choose a rule type.
- From the Which matches with list, select Equals, Contains, Starts with, or Ends with.
- In the Name box, provide a value as required for the type of rule.
- Click OK.
- To edit a rule, click in the Actions column of the row for the instance and select Edit rule.
- Click Preview to see a list of the instances that will be backed up.
- Click OK to save the changes to VM group content.
Views and Rule Options
When you define content or filters for a VM group, you can change the view and select specific entities, or define rules to automatically select instances that meet specific criteria.
When you browse to select instances for VM group content or filters, you can select a browse method from the Browse and select VMs list, and then expand the tree below the list to select instances or instance types for the VM group, or to clear previous selections.
You can select one of the following options from the list to control the browse display:
- By instance type: Select an instance of a particular type within a region.
- By region: Select an instance within a region.
- By zone: Select an instance within a zone and region.
- VMs: Select this option to browse and select specific instances.
You can define rules to discover instances automatically.
When adding a rule, from the Select rule for list, choose one of the following rules and then, from the Which matches with list, select Equals, Contains, Starts with, or Ends with:
- Guest DNS hostname: In the Name box, type a hostname or a pattern to identify a hostname or domain (for example, myhost.mycompany.com to identify a specific host or *mycompany.com to identify all hosts on that domain).
- Guest OS: In the Name box, type the exact name of the operating system or a pattern to identify an operating system group (for example, Microsoft* to identify any virtual machine that has a version of the Windows operating system).
- Instance name/pattern: In the Name box, type the display name of the instance or a pattern using wildcards (for example, Test* to identify instances for which the instance name begins with "Test").
- Instance state: Select Running or Stopped.
- Zone: In the Name box, type the name of the zone or a pattern using wildcards (for example, us-east* to identify zones for which the zone name begins with "us-east"). When you add a zone, all instances in the zone are included in backups.
Last modified: 5/21/2021 4:54:36 PM