Managing VM Group Content for OpenStack
For an existing VM group, you can add instances or modify the content selections.
Before You Begin
- To select instances based on views or automatic discovery rules, see "Views and Rule Options" (below).
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Virtual machines page appears.
- On the Hypervisors tab, click the hypervisor.
The hypervisor page appears. The VM groups area displays summary information for any existing VM groups.
- Click an existing VM group.
- Under Content, click Manage.
The Content tab of the VM group content page shows the currently selected content to be backed up.
- To modify instance credentials for application-aware backups, click in the Actions column of the row for the VM, and then select Edit Credentials.
- To remove an instance, click in the Actions column of the row for the instance and select Remove.
- To add VM group content, click Add virtual machines.
The Add virtual machines page appears.
- Select a browse method for the Browse and select VMs list, and then expand the tree below the list to select content for the VM group, or to clear previous selections.
You can select a view from the list to control the browse display.
- Click OK after selecting instances or other objects.
- To discover instances automatically:
- Click Add rule.
- From the Select rule for list, choose a rule type.
- From the Which matches with list, select Equals, Contains, Starts with, or Ends with.
- In the Name box, provide a value as required for the type of rule.
- Click OK.
- To edit a rule, click in the Actions column of the row for the instance and select Edit rule.
- Click Preview to see a list of the instances that will be backed up.
- Click OK to save the changes to VM group content.
Views and Rule Options
When you define content or filters for a VM group, you can change the view and select specific entities, or define rules to automatically select instances that meet specific criteria.
When you browse to select instances for VM group content or filters, you can select a browse method for the Browse and select VMs list, and then expand the tree below the list to select content for the VM group, or to clear previous selections.
You can select one of the following options from the list to control the browse display:
- Projects: Select a project, region, instance, or image.
- Admin: Select images or instances.
You can define rules to discover instances automatically.
When you add a rule, from the Select rule for list, choose one of the following rules and then, from the Which matches with list, select Equals, Contains, Starts with, or Ends with:
- Instance name/pattern: In the Name box, type the display name of the instance or a pattern using wildcards (for example, Test* to identify instances for which the instance name begins with "Test").
- Power state: From the Name list, select the power on status of instances to be included in the VM group content. You can select On to identify instances that are powered on, Off to identify instances that are powered off, or Other to identify instances with a different power on status, such as Suspended.
Last modified: 3/9/2020 7:01:23 PM