Managing VM Group Content for Red Hat OpenShift
For an existing VM group, you can add applications or modify the content selections.
Caution: Because OpenShift applications do not have a UUID or GUID to uniquely identify each application, the Commvault software indexes each application with an ID in the form project_name-application_name.
If you delete an application and later create a new application for the project that uses the same application name, the backup history for the new application is indexed using the ID that was created for the original application. In that scenario, restoring from a backup job for the original application might overwrite data for the new application, resulting in data loss.
Before You Begin
To select applications based on views or automatic discovery rules, see "Views and Rule Options" (below).
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Virtual machines page appears.
- On the Hypervisors tab, click the hypervisor.
The hypervisor page appears. The VM groups area displays summary information for any existing VM groups.
- Click an existing VM group.
- Under Content, click Manage.
The Content tab of the VM group content page shows the currently selected content to be backed up.
- To remove an application, click in the Actions column of the row for the application and select Remove.
- To add VM group content, click Add virtual machines.
The Add virtual machines page appears.
- Select a browse method for the Browse and select VMs list, and then expand the tree below the list to select the content for the VM group, or to clear previous selections.
You can select a view from the list to control the browse display.
- Click OK after selecting applications or other objects.
- To discover applications automatically:
- Click Add rule.
- From the Select rule for list, choose a rule type.
- From the Which matches with list, select Equals, Contains, Starts with, or Ends with.
- In the Name box, provide a value as required for the type of rule.
- Click OK.
- To edit a rule, click in the Actions column of the row for the application and select Edit rule.
- Click Preview to see a list of the applications that will be backed up.
- Click OK to save the changes to VM group content.
Views and Rule Options
When you define content or filters for a VM group, you can change the view and select specific entities, or define rules to automatically select applications that meet specific criteria.
Note: Commvault only backs up applications that have persistent volume claims (PVCs).
When you browse to select applications for VM group content or filters, you can select a browse method for the Browse and select VMs list, and then expand the tree below the list to select the content for the VM group, or to clear previous selections.
You can select one of the following options from the list to control the browse display:
- Projects: Select a project to include all applications for the project, or expand a project to select applications.
- Applications: Select an application.
You can define rules to discover applications automatically.
When you add a rule, from the Select rule for list, choose one of the following rules and then, from the Which matches with list, select Equals, Contains, Starts with, or Ends with:
- Application name/pattern: In the Name box, type the display name of the application or a pattern using wildcards (for example, Test* to identify applications for which the application name begins with "Test").
Last modified: 3/9/2020 7:32:24 PM