Creating a SQL Always On Availability Group Instance
After you install the SQL agent on all the physical nodes of an Always On cluster, create an availability group instance.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases.
The Instances page appears.
- Click Add Instance, and then click SQL availability group.
The Add SQL availability group instance dialog box appears.
- From the Primary replica list, select the SQL Server client that is the primary replica of the availability group that you want to back up.
- From the SQL Server instance list, select an instance.
If the SQL Server client has only one instance, then the instance is automatically selected.
- For Accounts, select one of the following options:
- To use a local system user account for the backups, click Use local system account.
- To use a different Windows user account, click Impersonate User, and then enter the credentials for the account.
Note: The account must be set up on the client and must have Local administrator privileges and be a member of the SQL sysadmin fixed server role for the instance.
- From the Plan list, select the server plan to use for the instance.
Last modified: 3/1/2021 8:43:31 PM