HE Migration Error
On HS3300, HE (Hosted Engine) migration fails with the following error:
Maximum number of sockets exceeded
The vCPU (Virtual CPU) is set to 40, which can cause the HE to not come back online, after a migration.
- Access the Virtualization Manager by typing the following URL in a Web Browser:
https://<Control Host Name>/ovirt-engine
For example: http://mycontrolhost.mydomian.com/ovirt-engine
- Click Administration Portal.
- Type the login credentials to access the Virtualization Manager.
Tip: Type admin as the user name and the root password provided for the CommServe Server during the setup.
The Dashboard will be displayed in the Red Hat Virtualization window.
- From the navigation pane on the left, click Compute > Virtual Machines.
- Right click the Hosted Engine and then click Edit.
The Edit Virtual Machine page will be displayed
- Click the Show Advanced Options button at the bottom of the page.
- From the navigation pane on the left, click System.
- Reset the value of Total Virtual CPUs to 16 as shown below:
Last modified: 1/29/2020 7:20:25 PM