Validating a Restore of Salesforce Metadata to Salesforce
Before you restore Salesforce metadata to the Salesforce cloud, you can validate the restore. When the validation runs, a validation job is created. If errors occur during the validation job, the job is marked as pending. If the validation job is successful, the job is marked as complete.
Before You Begin
- Verify that the Salesforce user who performs the validation has a System Administrator profile or an equivalent profile.
- Configure backups to include metadata. For more information, see Backing Up Salesforce Metadata.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Cloud apps > Salesforce.
The Apps page appears.
- In the Restore column, click Restore.
- If multiple instances are backed up, the Restore dialog box appears.
- If one instance is backed up, the Select restore type page appears.
- If multiple instances are backed up, expand the instances, select the data that you want to restore, and then click Select Content.
The Select restore type page appears.
- Select Metadata restore.
The Backup content page appears.
- Optional: To select a backup, from the Showing latest backup list, select the backup:
- To show the most recent backup, select Show Latest Backup.
- To show a backup at a specific time, select Show backup as a of a specific date, and then type the date and time.
- To show backups for a date range, select Show backup for a date range, and then specify the dates.
- Optional: To select the metadata that you want to use for the restore, from the Showing restorable metadata only list, select one of the following options:
- To view all metadata, click Show all metadata.
- To view only the metadata that you can restore, select Show restorable metadata only.
- Click the Metadata and unpackaged check boxes, and then select the check box for each metadata object that you want to restore.
Note: For each metadata file that you want to restore, check if the metadata file (-meta.xml) exists, and then select it. For example, suppose that you have AccountBeforeUpdate.cls file that is accompanied by the AccountBeforeUpdate.cls-meta.xml file and you want to restore metadata. In this case, you will need to select both files in the restore operation.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- In the Restore target area, select Salesforce.
- In the Destination details area, provide the destination information.
- From the Destination server list, select the server that hosts the Salesforce destination instance.
- From the Destination instance list, select the Salesforce instance.
- Click Validate only.
What to Do Next
Monitor the restore validate job. If the job is successful, perform the restore operation. If the job is not successful, go to the job details page to review the errors.
Last modified: 4/14/2020 2:44:29 PM