Configuring Retention Settings for File Versions in the NFS ObjectStore
You can configure the minimum number of versions and the minimum number of days to retain a file. A version of file is pruned only if the file is older than the number of versions and number of days you specify in the following procedure.
The default settings are 1 version and 30 days. You can retain all versions of the data for 30 days, and 1 version is retained forever.
Before You Begin
Before you begin this procedure, you must have created a NFS ObjectStore. For more information, see Adding an NFS ObjectStore.
- From the CommCell Browser, click Policies > Subclient Policies.
- Click the subclient policy for the NFS ObjectStore share that you want to use.
NFS ObjectStore subclient policies have the following naming convention: <NFS ObjectStore name> Subclient Policy
- Right-click the Default subclient, and then click Properties.
The Subclient Policy Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Retention tab, select the Enable Retention Rules for file versions check box.
- In the Minimum number of versions box, select or type the number of versions that you want to retain for each file in the share.
- To define a specific retention period for a file version, in the Retention period (in days) box, type or select the number of days you want to retain the file version in Edge Drive.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 6/8/2020 3:12:08 PM