Installing a Client with a Temporary Client Certificate - Windows
You can install a client with a temporary client certificate during a custom package creation, during installation, or by enabling the client certificate screen on a client using a registry key.
Providing a Client Certificate During Custom Package Creation
You can provide a client certificate during a custom package creation.
- On the Windows client computer, copy the certificate generated on the CommServe computer to the path provided in the custom package.
- Use the created custom package for installation on the client.
Providing a Client Certificate During Installation
You can provide a client certificate during installation.
Run the installer by using the following Windows command:
setup.exe /clientcertificate <Client_certificate_path>
Enabling the Client Certificate Screen on a Client by Using a Registry Key
You can enable the client certificate screen on a client by using the bShowClientCertificateDialog registry key.
- On the Windows client computer, open the Windows Registry Editor window and then expand to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GalaxyInstallerFlags folder.
- If the bShowClientCertificateDialog key does not exist, create it by doing the following:
- Right-click the SOFTWARE parent registry key, and then click New > Key. (Type: REG_DWORD).
- Enter the following name for the new key: bShowClientCertificateDialog.
- Double-click the bShowClientCertificateDialog key, and then enter one of the following values for Value data:
- 1 = enabled
- 0 = disabled (Default)
- Click OK.
Last modified: 5/19/2021 6:38:13 PM