Configuring Subscription Based Azure Blob Storage with Object Storage Repositories with Non-Azure VMs as Access Nodes
You can configure any VM as access node for the Azure Blob Storage Object Storage repository.
- Create an Azure Active Directory (AD) application. Go to the Microsoft documentation site and search for "create service principal portal".
- Log on to the Microsoft Azure portal, and then, at subscription level, add the contributor role in the Azure AD application that you created.
- In the Microsoft Azure portal, generate a client secret.
Tip: Write down the client secret, the Application ID and the Tenant ID of the application, because you will need them when you create the object storage repository.
- Add an object storage repository whose access node is the VM that you created. See Add Repository for Subscription Based Backups with non-Azure Access Nodes .
- Add the content that you want to back up. See Adding a Content Group to a Repository.
When you create the content group, Command Center discovers all storage accounts in that subscription. Then, you can select content and run a backup operation.
Last modified: 6/9/2020 8:39:20 PM