Adding a Database Group for Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL
A default database group is created when you create an instance. But it does not back up the PostgreSQL databases. So, you must create at least one additional database group. You can create other database groups as well. For example, you can create a database group for databases that you want to back up once a week.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases.
The Instances page appears.
- Click the instance that you want to add the database group to.
The instance properties page appears.
- From the Backup sets list, select DumpBasedBackupSet.
The DumpBasedBackupSet page appears.
- On the right of the page, click Add database group.
The Add database group dialog box appears.
- In the Database group name box, type a name for the database group.
- In the Number of data streams box, enter the number of data streams that you want to use for backups.
- Optional: To include the object list in the backup content, select the Collect object list during backup check box.
When you select this check box, restore operations run faster. However, backup operations might take additional time to back up the object list that contains the metadata information.
- Move the Use backup plan toggle key to the right, and then, from the Plan list, select a server plan.
- In the Databases table, select the check boxes for the databases that you want to include in the group.
- Click Add.
Last modified: 9/22/2020 8:06:01 AM