Pruning Content Index for Backup Data on Tape and Magnetic Libraries
If the backup data is spread across tape and magnetic libraries, then by default data aging will not prune the content index from the Search Engine. If you want to enable pruning of content indexing data from the Search Engine in this case, perform the following configuration:
- In the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Storage Tab and then click Media Management.
- Click the Data Aging tab.
- Click the value of Allow CI pruning of backup jobs which aged from all copies and set the value to 1.
- Click OK.
- Restart the Media Manager service on the CommServe host.
- Wait twenty-four hours for the content index to be pruned from the Search Engine.
Last modified: 10/1/2018 6:29:18 PM