Enabling Full Private Metrics (Self-Service Deployments)
To include pricing details in your Chargeback reports, deploy a private metrics server on the CommServe host, and then generate the report from your Web Console.
If you have multiple CommServe computers in your environment, and you want to use Metrics Reporting, then you must activate data collection for Metrics reports on each CommServe computer.
Private Metrics Reporting offers a way for you to host reports in your own network. The Private Metrics Reporting Server must collect data from each CommServe computer in your environment.
For environments that require long-term historical reporting and aggregation of multiple CommServe hosts, you must deploy the Commvault Private Metrics Server.
- Log on to the Command Center.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > System.
The System page appears.
- Click the Metrics reporting tile.
The Metrics reporting page appears.
CommCell Diagnostics and Usage is turned on by default. This setting allows data to be collected for Metrics Reports.
- Select the check boxes for Enable Audit and Chargeback.
- For the Chargeback report, select at least daily frequency.
As a best practice, request daily, weekly, and monthly Chargeback reports.
- If the Download URL box is blank, type the download URL for the Private Metrics Reporting Server.
For example: http://<commserve_hostname>.<domain>/downloads/sqlscripts/
You must include the forward slash (/) at the end of the URL, otherwise the download does not work.
- If the Upload URL box is blank, type the upload URL for the Private Metrics Reporting Server.
For example: http://<commserve_hostname>.<domain>/webconsole/ http://metricsserver1.domain.com/webconsole/
You must include the forward slash (/) at the end of the URL, otherwise the upload does not work.
- Click Save.
- Click Upload now.
- Press <F5> to refresh the window until Last upload time reflects the current date and time.
You might need to wait up to an hour for the first Private Metrics collection to occur.
- For detailed instructions, see Activating Private Metrics Reporting on the Command Center.
- Uploading Data for Private Metrics Reporting
Last modified: 3/4/2020 10:48:37 PM