Enabling Optimized Scan for UNIX
Enabling Optimized Scan at the subclient level starts automatic monitoring of the volume. Optimized Scan is performed when you run a backup for any subclient.
The file system filter driver will keep monitoring the file system even when the Optimized Scan service does not run. On service restart, it will check if the driver has encountered any errors like e.g. queue overflow. If the driver hasn't hit any errors then the Optimized Scan service will avoid rescanning these volumes. Note that all the volumes will be automatically rescanned when ContinuousDataReplicator is used for data replication.
If a subclient contains a volume that is not added to the monitored volumes list, recursive scan is performed for that volume.
The .DATACLASS_nn directory contains the optimized scan meta data. By default, the .DATACLASS_nn directory is excluded from backups.
Consider the following before enabling Optimized Scan:
- Optimized Scan does not monitor the root mount point
- There should be at least 1GB free space in the mounted volume in order to enable Optimized Scan on the file system
Use the following procedure to enable Optimized Scan:
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > File System > backup_set.
- Right-click the appropriate subclient and click Properties.
- In the Subclient Properties dialog box, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Properties dialog box, click the Advanced Options tab.
- Click Optimized Scan and then click OK.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/1/2019 2:06:39 PM