Restoring Kubernetes Applications Out of Place
You can use out-of-place restores to migrate Kubernetes applications and data across cloud providers, from on-premise to cloud, or from cloud to on-premise.
You can perform out-of-place restores to any Kubernetes cluster, for example:
- To a different cluster
- From on-premise to a cloud GKE
- From GKE to EKS
- From EKS to on-premise
Out-of-place restores allow you to configure a different storage class that will be used to provision the data volumes. Storage classes abstract the underlying physical storage tier used by the Kubernetes cluster. With this approach, the development and test restores of production data do not incur the cost of primary production storage.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Kubernetes.
The Clusters page appears.
- In the Name column, click the
The cluster page appears.
- Under Application groups, in the row for the application group that you want to restore, click the action button , and then click Restore.
The Select restore type page appears.
- Click Full application.
The Restore page appears.
- Select the applications to restore.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- Click Out of place.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 3/10/2021 12:50:47 PM