Create an Application Group of the Content to Back Up
Create an application group to specify the content to back up.
You can select applications, labels, and volumes. If you select namespaces or label selectors, then applications are discovered automatically during backups. If you select a label, then new applications that contain the label are discovered automatically during backups.
Important: In an application group, do not add applications by using both file system volumes and block-level volumes. If you do, restores include applications of only one type of volume and do not complete.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Kubernetes.
The Clusters page appears.
- On the Clusters tab, click the cluster.
The cluster page appears.
- Click Add application group.
The Add application group dialog box appears.
- In Name, enter a name for the application group.
- Select the applications, volumes, and labels to include in the application group.
Note: The following Kubernetes entities are displayed as applications:
Replicasets, custom resource definitions (CRDs), and Helm charts are not displayed as applications.
- Under Backup configuration, select what you want to control backups for the application group:
- To select a server plan, move the Use backup plan toggle key to the right.
- To select a combination of a storage policy and schedule policies and/or server plans, move the Use backup plan toggle key to the left.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 6/11/2021 1:51:50 PM