Getting Started With Hedvig Storage Clusters
Use the following steps to setup Hedvig Storage Clusters as a storage target in Commvault software:
Note: If you have already setup the Hedvig Storage Clusters and the proxies proceed to Step: 7.
Step 1: Check the Prerequisites for Deployment
Check the Prerequisites needed to deploy the Hedvig Storage Clusters.
Step 2: Download the Software Images
Identify and Download the Software required to setup Hedvig Storage Clusters as a storage target.
Step 3: Setup the Hedvig Storage Nodes
Setup the storage nodes by installing the OS, network and other settings needed for the nodes.
Step 4: Setup the MediaAgents /Hedvig Storage Proxies
Setup the MediaAgents, which can be used as Hedvig Storage Proxies by installing the OS and MediaAgent software.
Step 5: Setup the Hedvig Deployment Server
Setup a Hedvig Deployment Server by deploying and using a server appliance VM.
Step 6: Deploy the Hedvig Storage Clusters and the Proxies
Deploy the software needed to setup the Hedvig Storage Clusters and the proxies.
Step 7: Login to Hedvig User-Interface
Step 8: Add a Virtual Disk
Depending on your setup, add a Virtual Disk with the settings needed to set it up as a storage target using one of the following:
- Add a Virtual Disk for Hedvig Storage Clusters With Replication Factor
- Add a Virtual Disk for Hedvig Storage Clusters With Erasure Coding 4.2
Step 9: Export the Virtual Disk
Export the virtual disks, so that it can be shared with the proxies.
Step 10: Add Access to the Proxies in the Virtual Disk
Add access to the proxies in the virtual disks.
Step 11: Mount the Virtual Disk on the MediaAgents / Hedvig Storage Proxies
Mount the virtual disks on the MediaAgents /proxies so that it can be configured as a storage target.
Step 12: Configure the Disk Library
Configure a disk library using the virtual disk so that it can be used as a storage target in the CommCell.
What to Do Next
- Perform a test backup and a test restore to ensure that the Hedvig Storage Clusters are functioning properly.
- Make sure to change your root and login passwords to secure your environment.
- Depending on your environment and requirements, you can perform one or more of the following tasks to utilize the Hedvig Storage Clusters as a backup target.
- For information on managing the Hedvig Storage Clusters, see Hedvig User Guide.
Last modified: 11/30/2020 9:51:45 PM