Setting Up a Hedvig Deployment Server
Setup up a Hedvig Deployment Server by deploying and using a server appliance VM.
Before You Begin
Setup the MediaAgent, by installing the OS and MediaAgent software. The Hedvig Proxy must be setup in this machine.
- Use the deploy.ova to deploy a Hedvig deployment server appliance VM.
For more information on Setting up a Hedvig Deployment Server appliance VM, see Setting Up Deployment Servers as Appliance VMs on ESXi Hosts.
- If you are not deploying the cluster as DNS available, add all cluster hostnames to the /etc/hosts file.
For more information on editing the hosts file, see Editing /etc/hosts File on a Deployment Servers.
- From the directory into which you downloaded the Hedvig software, copy the following files to the /home/admin/ directory on the deployment server.
<Ansible configuration file>
- Login to your deployment server as the root user.
ssh root@<deployment server FQDN>
Note: You should change the password after the deployment is completed, to make sure that it is secure.
- Change the permissions of the binaries.
chmod +x /home/admin/hedvig_extract.bin
chmod +x /home/admin/rpm_extract.bin
- Change to the admin user.
su - admin
- Extract both binaries.
sudo ./h edvig_extract.bin
What to Do Next
Deploy the software needed to setup the Hedvig Storage Clusters.
Last modified: 4/27/2020 7:59:15 PM