Backing Up a Sybase Database Group
You can backup Sybase databases on demand.
You can perform a full backup operation, a transaction log backup operation, or an incremental backup operation.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases.
The Instances page appears.
- Click the instance that contains the database group that you want to back up.
The instance page appears.
- In the Database groups section, click the database group that you want to back up.
The database group page appears.
- Click Back up.
The Select backup level dialog box appears.
- Under Backup level, select the type of backup that you want to perform:
- To perform a full backup operation, select Full.
- To perform a transaction log backup operation, select Transaction log, and then specify the following:
- To back up the complete transaction logs of a damaged database, select the Do not truncate log check box.
- To skip full backup operations for new databases that are discovered during the log backup operation, select the Skip full for newly added databases after log backup check box.
By default, when the software discovers new databases during a log backup operation, it performs a full backup for the new databases. Selecting this check box skips the full backup for the new databases.
- To back up the data that changed after the most recent full backup, select Cumulative Incremental.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 10/16/2020 9:17:26 AM