Exporting and Downloading Mailbox Items, Folders or Messages
Applies to: User Mailbox, Journal Mailbox, ContentStore Mailbox
You can export mailbox items, folders or messages to an export set, change the format of the items to fit your needs and download the exported PST or CAB file directly to your browser window. Exporting automatically creates an export set.
The following file formats are supported when you export email messages:
- PST (Portable Storage Table)
- CAB (cabinet file)
The default maximum size of export to PST or CAB is 25 GB. The size limitation applies to the total size of emails exported from the Exchange client and does not apply to exports from the Compliance Search or the Case Manager.
- When the export size exceeds 25GB, the export job does not start and an error message occurs. You can use the restore option or split into smaller exports and retry.
- When multiple mailboxes are exported to a PST file, then all the emails are exported from all the mailboxes into a single PST file. If you want to export emails from multiple mailboxes into separate PST files, see Restoring Messages to a PST File Using Exchange Mailbox.
Before You Begin
- The user must have Browse, Download, In place restore and Out of place restore capability on the subclient where the Exchange mailbox is configured in the CommCell Console.
- Archive operations must have run on the mailbox.
- You must install Microsoft Outlook 64-bit on theWeb Server.
- You must install Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1. For more information, see Description of Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
- In the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Exchange.
The Exchange page appears.
- Right-click the Exchange client that contains the mailbox or the folder that you want to export, and then click Restore.
The page with the mailbox display name appears in the folder view.
- You can do the following:
- To export a folder or a sub-folder, expand the mailbox, and then select the folder or the sub-folder name. Click Export selected folder to and then select the file format.
- To export a message, expand the mailbox and the folder, and then select the check box for the message. Click Export selected items to and then select the file format.
- To bulk export messages, do the following:
- Expand the mailbox and the folder, apply the search filters on the Search tab, and then click Search. For more information, see Search Filters.
- Select the check boxes for the email messages to export, click Export selected items to, and then select the file format.
Note: You can include deleted items for export by selecting Include deleted items.
The Export to dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type a name for the export set.
- For Selection Range, select the email messages to include in the export set:
- To select the email messages selected on the previous page, click Selected.
- To select all the emails in the search results, select All.
- Click Submit.
A job runs to create the export set.
- For viewing the export sets, click the action button , and then click View exports.
The View exports dialog box appears. The export sets that are ready to be downloaded and the export sets that are being created are listed.
- To download an export set, click the download button .
Note: When mailboxes are exported, the folder hierarchy is maintained in the export set.
- To delete an export set, select the check box for the export set and then click Delete.
The message Selected exports deleted successfully confirms the deletion.
Last modified: 2/18/2021 9:22:56 PM