Restoring a DB2 Database In Place
You can restore a DB2 database to its current location (in place).
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases.
The Instances page appears.
- Click the instance.
The instance page appears.
- On the Overview tab, in the Recovery points section, select the database from the list, and then click Restore.
The Backup content page appears.
- Select the data to restore, and then click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- To restore the database, on the In place tab, select the Restore database checkbox.
- To roll forward the logs as part of the restore operation, select the Roll forward checkbox.
- To roll forward to the end of all the logs, click To end of the logs.
- To roll forward to a point in time, click Point in time, and then enter the point in time.
If you don't roll forward the logs the target database will be in the "rollforward pending" state after the restore.
- To recover the database, in the Advanced options section select the Recover database checkbox.
- To restore the logs, in the Advanced options section select the Restore logs checkbox, and then specify the time period of the logs to restore.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 2/10/2021 10:39:17 PM