You can use the Commvault software to manage a MongoDB sharded cluster or replica set and to perform IntelliSnap backup and restore operations.
You can restore sharded clusters and replica sets in place or out of place. For out-of-place restores of sharded clusters, the destination sharded cluster must have the same number of shards as the source sharded cluster.
To back up a single database, use Big Data Apps with a file system agent.
- Provides a single interface to manage your MongoDB environment.
- Engages Commvault IntelliSnap technology to protect the cluster almost instantly.
- Protects both sharded cluster topologies and replica set topologies.
- Protects the MongoDB databases from the secondary node, leaving the primary node’s resources untouched.
- Allows recovery of the entire cluster.
Allows recovery to the original cluster or to a different cluster with the same number of shards, on-premises or within the cloud.
- MongoDB servers that run on Windows or Linux. For more information, see MongoDB Agent System Requirements.
- Supported snapshot platforms on Windows or Linux.
Last modified: 12/8/2020 7:57:02 PM