Creating a Secondary Silo Copy
You can use the secondary silo copy to make the additional copies of the deduplicated data. A secondary silo copy preserves the data deduplication in the silo storage.
Alternatively, you can create a secondary silo copy by using the sp_copycreation.xml configuration file. For more information, see Creating a Secondary Silo Copy.
- Secondary copies are automatically associated with the System Created Autocopy schedule policy.
The system created automatic copy schedule repeatedly runs the auxiliary copy job everyday, at 30 minute time intervals.
- The copy is automatically associated to a pre-existing schedule of the storage policy, if the schedule was created with the All Copies option enabled. See System Created Automatic Auxiliary Copy Schedule Policy for more information.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies > storage_policy.
- Right-click the silo copy and then click All Tasks > Create Secondary Silo Copy.
- In the Copy Properties dialog box, enter the appropriate information:
- In the Copy Name box, type the name for the copy.
- From the Library list, click the name of a tape library.
- From the MediaAgent list, select the name of a MediaAgent.
- From the Drive Pool list, select the name of the drive pool.
- From the Scratch Pool list, select the name of the default scratch.
- Click OK.
The secondary silo copy appears under the storage policy node.
Last modified: 4/3/2020 1:56:56 PM