Associating a VM with a Server Backup Plan
You can associate a discovered virtual machine (unprotected or protected) with a server backup plan to quickly start backing up the VM. Instead of navigating to a VM group, hypervisor, or other entity to configure a server backup plan, you can simply select a server backup plan for a VM. This ability is especially useful for managed service providers (MSPs).
Before You Begin
You must have the following operation-specific permissions:
- To associate a VM to a server backup plan, you must have the Agent Management permission (on the discovered VM).
- To modify a server backup plan association, you must have the Use Plan permission.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Virtual machines page appears.
- In the row for the VM, click the actions button, and then click Select Plan.
The Select plan window appears.
- Select the server backup plan to associate with the virtual machine.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 9/1/2020 8:54:03 PM