Office 365 SharePoint in the Usage Calculation
Office 365 SharePoint users are covered by the Application Class 1 and Mailbox Archive Solution licenses, which appear in the License Summary Report under the information about Application Users.
The software calculates license usage as follows:
- The software calculates license consumption based on the number of users assigned to the SharePoint Online License in the Office 365 Admin Portal.
- The software counts licensed users for SharePoint Online as Application Users in the License Summary Report.
- If automatic discovery of SharePoint users is enabled and a user is removed, then the user is removed automatically from the calculation of Application Users in the License Summary Report.
- If automatic discovery of SharePoint users is disabled and a user is removed, then you must run a full backup operation before the count of Application Users in the License Summary Report is recalculated.
- The SharePoint Online license can be applied by itself or included in Office 365 licenses.
- If SharePoint Online is included in an Office 365 license, SharePoint Online is applied as a sub-license and can be enabled or disabled independently of other licenses. By default, the SharePoint Online sub-license is enabled.
- If a SharePoint Online user is enabled, the user is a contributor to SharePoint Online or has the capability to contribute.
- If the SharePoint Online license is enabled, the software counts the user. If the SharePoint Online license is disabled, the software does not count the user.
Last modified: 12/30/2020 9:45:14 PM