Enabling Autodiscovery of Mailboxes for Exchange Online
To discover mailboxes automatically, add the AD group to the Exchange Online app.
After you enable automatic discovery on the app, when a backup operation runs for one of the mailboxes, users groups are automatically discovered and included in the backup.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Office 365.
The Office 365 apps page appears.
- In the App name column, click the app to which you want to add the mailbox.
The app page appears.
- On the Content tab, click Add, and then click Add AD group.
The Add AD group dialog box appears.
- From the Exchange plan list, select a plan.
- From the Select AD groups list, select one or more mailboxes on which you want to enable autodiscovery.
- Click Save.
What to Do Next
To automatically discover new user accounts, run a backup operation on the autodiscovery-enabled mailboxes.
Last modified: 8/25/2020 7:05:02 AM