Converting to Google Cloud Platform
When restoring a VMware virtual machine (VM) from a backup, you can choose to restore the VM as a Google Cloud Platform instance.
You can use this feature to migrate VMs to Google Cloud Platform.
Before You Begin
- Make any necessary changes to the source VMs as described in Preparing VMs for Conversion to Google Cloud Platform.
- Back up the virtual machines that you plan to convert.
- Create a Google Cloud Platform hypervisor.
- For information about the restore options for the Google Cloud Platform destination, see Options for Conversion to Google Cloud Platform.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Virtual machines page appears.
- On the Hypervisors tab, click the hypervisor.
The hypervisor page appears.
- Click the VM groups tab, in the row for the VM group, under Actions, click the action button, and then click Restore.
The Select restore type page appears.
- To restore one or more full virtual machines, select Full virtual machine.
The Restore page appears.
- Under Name, beside each object that you want to restore, click the check box, and then at the top-left of the page, click Restore.
To browse within an item, you can select an item or click on an entry in the Name column.
In the top right corner of the page, a "Showing" message indicates what backup data is being displayed. You can click the down arrow beside this message and select any of the following options:
- Show latest backups: Only display data for the most recent backups.
- Show backups as of a specific date: Only display data up to the date you specify.
- Show backups for a date range: Only display data within the data range you specify.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- For Type, select Out of place.
- Enter the Options for Conversion to Google Cloud Platform for the Google Cloud Platform instance.
- Click Submit to run the restore job.
Last modified: 11/12/2020 7:30:39 PM