Moving a Deduplication Database to Another Location
You can move the partitions of an active or sealed deduplication database (DDB) to another location on the same MediaAgent.
If a DDB partition contains an active store and sealed stores, moving an active store does not move the sealed stores. You must move each sealed store separately using the DDB move operation.
After the successful completion of the move operation, the software immediately releases the space on the source MediaAgent in few minutes. However, if a DDB file or source path is open or being used by any other program, then the software does not delete the DDB files on the source location. You can specify the number of days to keep the files on the source MediaAgent in the Days to keep DDB on source location after successful move partition job parameter in the Deduplication tab of the Media Management Configuration dialog box.
Before You Begin
- Verify that the DDB partition contains data. You cannot move an empty DDB partition using a move operation, but you can use a recovery operation.
- Verify that no DDB backup operations or DDB reconstruction operations are running for the storage policy copy that is associated with the DDB that you want to move.
- Verify that the destination MediaAgent has at least 5% free space to host the DDB.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Storage Resources > Deduplication Engines > storage_policy_copy.
- Right-click the DDB that you want to move, and then click All Tasks > Move Partitions.
The Move Partition dialog box appears.
- For the DDB partition that you want to move, in the Target MediaAgent And Partition Path column, click Choose Path.
The Partition Path dialog box appears.
- From the MediaAgent list, select the current MediaAgent.
- In the Partition Path, enter the path where you want to move the partition.
Do not move the partition to the software installation directory.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
A confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click Yes.
A Move Partition job appears in the the Job Controller window for each partition that you moved.
Last modified: 5/22/2020 11:29:50 AM