System Requirements for Synchronous Replication for VMware on Nutanix with Metro Availability
Review the following system requirements.
Requirements for the Nutanix Storage Array and VMware
- Use the Nutanix AOS 5.17.1 release candidate version for this feature.
For additional requirements for the Nutanix storage array, see IntelliSnap - System Requirements for Nutanix.
- This feature is supported with all vCenter Server versions that are supported by the Virtual Server Agent (VSA).
For more information, see System Requirements for Virtual Server Agent with VMware.
MediaAgent and Access Nodes Requirements
- Deploy a MediaAgent on a server outside the Nutanix cluster, so that it is available if either the active or standby cluster is unavailable.
- For best results, deploy at least one access node for each cluster, located on a server that is outside the cluster.
Hypervisors and VM Groups Requirements
- A vCenter hypervisor can have a mix of metro and non-metro VM groups, for example, a VM group with one metro container and another VM group with non-metro containers.
- Create separate VM groups for metro containers and non-metro containers.
- For each metro container, configure a separate VM group.
Last modified: 5/8/2020 9:40:13 PM