Configuring Synchronous Replication for VMware on Nutanix with Metro Availability
To set up synchronous replication for VMware on Nutanix with metro availability, you need to configure the metro availability feature on the Nutanix software and the Nutanix storage array and the VMware agent in the Commvault software.
- To configure metro availability, see the information about metro availability in the Prism Element Data Protection Guide v5.16.
- Use the Command Center to configure an active site and a standby site.
- Add a storage array as the active site, and then on the Snap Configurations tab, make sure that the Do not track Metro volume secondary snapshots toggle key is off.
- Add a storage array as the standby site, and then on the Snap Configurations tab, make sure that the Do not track Metro volume secondary snapshots toggle key is off.
To add a storage array, see Adding a Storage Array to the CommServe Database.
- Create a server plan for IntelliSnap. See Creating a Server Backup Plan for IntelliSnap.
- Add a hypervisor. See Adding a Hypervisor.
- Add VM groups. See Adding a VM Group.
Last modified: 5/13/2020 8:31:44 PM