Process Flow for Container Replication
The synchronous data replication process differs when the clusters are operating in metro state (healthy) and when one of the clusters is operating in standalone mode.
IntelliSnap Operations When Metro State Is Healthy
- During a IntelliSnap backup, if Commvault finds that the metro protection domain is in healthy state, Commvault creates a snapshot on the active cluster, and the Nutanix metro configuration replicates the snapshot to the standby site. Commvault registers both the primary snapshot and the secondary snapshot in the Commvault database as part of the backup.
- Backup copy operations use the snapshot on the active site.
Backup copy operations can use snapshots from the active or standby site, depending on which site is active when the operation runs.
- If you delete a snapshot that was taken in healthy state and replicated to the standby site, the snapshot is deleted from both the active and standby sites.
IntelliSnap Operations When Metro State Is Standalone
- During an IntelliSnap backup, if Commvault finds that the metro protection domain is in a standalone state (one site is down and the other site is in standalone mode), the snapshots taken during this mode are registered only for the site that is in standalone mode.
These snapshots can be used for backup copy only while the site is in standalone state. After the sites return to healthy state, those snapshots cannot be used for backup copy.
- Because only one snapshot was tracked in standalone mode, a delete operation deletes only the snapshot on the site where the snapshot was registered.
Last modified: 5/8/2020 9:40:13 PM