Increasing the Speed of the Read Operation
The DataMoverUseLookAheadLinkReader additional setting is configured by default for deduplication-enabled operations and faster read operations such as restores and synthetic full backups of large amounts of data.
Exception: DataMoverUseLookAheadLinkReader additional setting is not supported for storage policies with silo copies.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Storage Resources > MediaAgents.
- Right-click the appropriate MediaAgent associated with the storage policy copy, and then click Properties.
- In the MediaAgent Properties dialog box, click the Additional Settings tab, and then click Add.
- In the Add Additional Settings on Windows Client dialog box, in the Name box, type DataMoverUseLookAheadLinkReader.
The Category, Type and Description details fill automatically.
- In the Value box, type 1 to enable.
- Click OK and then click OK to close the MediaAgent Properties dialog box.
Last modified: 5/17/2018 3:54:01 PM