Searching Exchange Online Mailboxes
Applies to: All mailboxes
You can search archived Exchange Online mailboxes. You can search the content of messages, and metadata such as mailbox name, Subject, From, and received time. Data that is filtered from archiving is not included in search.
Before You Begin
- Each access node that is used to run content indexing jobs must have the Office 365 application and the Web Server or Index Gateway package installed. If you did not install the Web Server or Index Gateway package when you installed the application, you can install it separately.
- You must enable content indexing in the Office 365 plan.
Note: On-demand previews of messages are available whether or not content indexing is configured.
- You must install the Content Analyzer package and configure the Content Analyzer cloud for each content indexing access node (proxy client).
- You must create the Office 365 plan with the appropriate entity types selected from the entities list.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Office 365.
The Office 365 apps page appears.
- Click the app that contains the mailbox that you want to search.
The app page appears.
- In the row for the mailbox that you want to search, click the action button , and then click Restore > Restore Messages.
The mailbox page appears.
- In the upper-right area of the page, click the Search box.
Search criteria appear.
- Click Search.
Last modified: 4/15/2021 3:57:11 PM