Deleting Backup Data and Archive Data from the CommCell Console
You can use the CommCell Console to delete backup data and archive data.
When you delete backup data or archive data, delete the data from the source location, so that the next backup operation does not back up the data again. If the files are archived, delete their stubs from the source before running the delete data operation, so that the stubs are not backed up again.
Note: See Additional Information and Configurations for Agents that Use Indexing Version 1 using the CommCell Console.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > agent.
- Right-click the backup set that contains the data that you want to delete, point to All Tasks, and then click Delete Data By Browsing.
A confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click Yes.
- From the Delete Data by Browsing dialog box, click Browse.
- Select the options that you want to use to find the content that you want to delete.
For more information, see Browse and Restore Data: Options.
- Click View Content.
A window for selecting objects appears.
- Select the data objects that you want to delete, and then click OK.
The paths of the objects that you selected for deletion appear in the Selected Paths box.
- While browsing for data during the delete backup/archive data operation, you can narrow down browse results using time range and starting path options. However, these options are applicable only for browsing, and are not applicable to the delete backup/archive data operation itself. Only the files and folders that you select from the browse results (and which appear in Selected Paths box) will be deleted.
- While browsing for data during the delete backup/archive data operation, you can narrow down browse results using filter options (that is, file name and file size). These options are applicable to the delete backup/archive data operation.
- When a path is selected and a browse time is specified, all data that matches the path on that client will be deleted, even if the data was not backed up in the specified time range or does not belong to the backup set.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 5/14/2020 2:35:29 PM